The Department of the Civil Law Disciplines was created according to the decision of the Academic Council of the Odessa I.I. Mechnikov National University, by the order of the Rector № 18-02 of 05.17.1999 for preparation of the specialists in jurisprudence at the Faculty of Economics and Law.
From the moment of the Department’s foundation and till September, 2015 management of the Department was performed by the Candidate of Jurisprudence, Professor, the Honored Lawyer of Ukraine V. I. Truba. Since September 1, 2015 the Department is headed by the Doctor of Jurisprudence, Professor, the Honored Lawyer of Ukraine I.S. Kanzafarova.
The Department provides training for the higher education candidates in the specialty 081 “Law” on the undergraduate level (Bachelor), graduate level (Master) and postgraduate level (educational-scientifical) of the higher education.
The Department provides teaching of the following courses:
- Civil law
- Family Law
- Law of Civil Procedure
- Foreign Civil and Commercial Law
- Contract Law
- Basis of Roman Private Law
- Legal Regulation of Ownership Relations
- Law of Intellectual Property
- Legal Regulation of Securities
- Transportation Law
- Executory Procedure
- Housing Law
- Labour Law
- Social Security Law
- Land Law
- Agrarian Law
- Ecological Law
- Ecological Law with Ecology Fundamentals
- International Ecological Law
- Medical Law
- Prosedure Of Labour Disputes Settlement
- Basis of Protection of Labour
- Basis of Labour Protection of Labour in the Branch
- Methodology of Law Sciences
- Problems of Civil Law
- The Interaction of the Society and Nature
Besides, the Department provides teaching: the block of legal subject matters – for specialties “Management” and “Account and Auditing” of the Faculty of Economics and Law; a subject matter “Intellectual property” – for students of all educational divisions of the university; separate legal subject matters – for students of some educational divisions of the university.